March 11, 2010

My Favorite

If you aren't on orange cat overload yet; you will be... But I feel guilty - because my very Favorite orange cat has barely been mentioned on this blog so far. He's destined to always be my Favorite cat - because that's his name. I don't know what possessed me to call the poor cat Favorite; but hey - I was nine years old - it could have been a lot worse.

That was 10 years ago - and there's still no arguing the fact with me that this is indeed the very best kitty in the whole world. His square-ish shaped eyes make me smile.

Most curious and heartwarming of all - has to be the way he manages to wrinkle his little nose when he meows. I guess I can't really call it meowing though... (It sounds more like a cross between "rant-rant" and a duck quacking, with a cat-like accent.) When he wants attention - he will persist in following me and ranting and quacking, until I give in and pick him up.

Then he's very happy; and purrs like a baby rattle; and drools... Cats really shouldn't do that, but this one does. It's one downside to his happiness I guess.

But I can put up with it, because he's my Favorite cat.


(I won't have computer access for a few days, so if your comments aren't getting published - don't panic. I'll be back soon.)






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love cats, but I got an allergy to them a few years ago. HUGE disappointment! :)

Jill said...

Favorite is a very cute kitty. It sounds like he loves you. His little meow face is precious.

~Jill